This post contains a number of resources for growers. Now that workers are able to travel to Canada, it is up to individual growers and the industry in general to ensure that we do everything in our power to prevent the spread of COVID-19, protecting the Canadian public, workers and ensuring a secure domestic food supply. We must all do our part.
The following information is provided as support and guidance to growers:
- Grower Communication regarding COVID-19 – this document provides best practices, links to resources, etc. to help growers manage workers in light of COVID-19. A similar document was provided early last week. This version has been updated with more information and resources. Thank you to OGVG for doing the bulk of the work on this document.
- COVID-19 Messaging for workers – this document includes key information for workers. Thank you to OGVG for doing the bulk of the work on this document.
- OFVGA COVID-19 Resource Page: includes resources for growers and the public regarding foreign labour. The attached documents will be added for reference as well. More resources will be posted on this site as they become available. Currently available resources include:
- Summary of Provincial and Federal Supports that have been announced
- COVID-19 Information Posters for Mexico SAWP Workers (in Spanish) for posting in bunkhouses: Poster 1, Poster 2, Poster 3, Poster 4
- Essential Worker Letter Template: Provide workers a letter if they must leave the farm property (only after they have completed their isolation time)
- Federal Government: Guidance for Employers of Temporary Foreign Workers Regarding COVID-19
- Federal Government: Preventing COVID-19 in the workplace: Employers, employees and essential service workers
Excerpt from email by Gordon Stock,
Senior Policy and Government Relations
Ontario Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association